Sunday, March 21, 2010

"It's Missing a Piece"

A couple days ago, we had a day full of being outside because we had such great weather.  I put Kassadi and Gavin to bed around 8:30 and decided Conner had been a pretty awesome kid that day.  He had also dug out his scooter he got last fall and had been wanting to use it on a chunk of cement bigger than our back patio.  So, I took him around the block (by the way, I had to carry it most of the way).

When we had a clearing in the trees, we could see the partial moon that looked more like a thumbnail in the sky.  I asked Conner if he could see it.  He was surprised and said "Yes, it's missing a piece".  I thought it was a cute way of putting it and we walked on.  A few seconds later, he noticed all of the stars in the sky.  Conner told me, with urgency, "We need to go get a firetruck (for use of the ladder I assume) and grab those pieces (stars) and get them back to the moon to fix it.  And we need to be careful!"

I love how his little mind works ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment